The East Side Club

After the Love Club closed, Bobby Startup, the booking agent for the East Side Club - a much more "sophisticated" operation in Center City (and one that made significantly more money) - asked me if I would be interested in continuing to make posters for his club. As with the Love Club, Bobby guaranteed me complete freedom to do whatever I pleased and I accepted. For the next several years I produced hundreds of posters for the East Side Club, from Madonna and The Stray Cats to Einsterzende Neubauten and Black Flag.

And as with the Love Club posters, all would have been lost if it had not been for James Lewes. Thankfully his collection of East Side Club posters is more extensive than the Love posters. Below are some of my favorites in no particular order.

(Click on the posters to view them full size)